WELCOME to the website of Les Eaux Calmes*.....
......a country holiday cottage for rental, set between sea and mountains in Gabian in the heart of the southern French coastal countryside.
Les Eaux Calmes nestles romantically in the fortified medieval village walls of Gabian in the ancient Languedoc, from where it enjoys wonderful elevated views over the surrounding countryside and the still waters of the river weir below from which the house takes its name.
Attractive open plan living space has been created within its raised ground floor, with delightful old stone walls and timber beams throughout its stylish and rustic interior.
Read on to discover more......
· about the house Les Eaux Calmes itself, along with photos
· about the village of Gabian and the region, with more photos
· what to do on holiday
· rental rates, availability & sunshine hours
· links, contacts, maps, travel
At the top of this home page you can also click on “
>Feedback from guests” to discover what people have been saying about their holiday at Les Eaux Calmes in Gabian in the heart of the ancient Languedoc.
as FEATURED in the SUNDAY TIMES TRAVEL SUPPLEMENT, EASTER WEEKEND 2010
for the full newspaper article click on "feedback from guests" link at the top of this page
* * * * * * *
* "Les Eaux Calmes" is French for "Still Waters"
Nos excuses aux visiteurs francophones que notre site internet
n'est qu'en anglais à ce moment
check us out on Facebook www.facebook.com/VisitGabian
WATCH OUR NEW SHORT LATE AUTUMN VIDEO by clicking this link
(SUMMER VIDEO TO FOLLOW SHORTLY)
Ten reasons why "Les Eaux Calmes" in Gabian is an ideal location particularly for out of season and winter lettings
1. all year round, friendly village life (compared to almost closed up seaside resorts)
2. rich culture of traditional medieval village festivals, markets and seasonal gatherings
3. wonderful opportunity to experience the real France, its wines, cheeses, daily fresh bread and delicious locally grown produce
4. attractive rolling hilly countryside overlooking the flatter coastal plain
5. surrounded by miles of unspoilt natural garrigue (with varied shrub and wild flower habitat, displaying spectacular seasonal colour)
6. delightful short country walks direct from the house and village
7. fascinating architectural and historical interest
8. an ideal base for travelling to mountains, beaches and other places of interest
9. the hospitality of a peaceful, romantic house with the character of natural stone walls, timber beams and a real roaring log fireplace
10. light and airy open plan living with all modern cooking and washing facilities
reason number 11: Medieval meets Hi-Tech
- see "The House" for details of latest additions / improvements
For all stays from 1st April 2016 we commit to pay 5% of your total rental cost towards sending urgently needed humanitarian aid to children and adults in various countries abroad (more details on request).